How we can help you...
If you are suffering from chronic foot or lower limb pain which is limiting your movement and independence, you may benefit from wearing orthoses.
Our podiatrists may prescribe prescription orthoses after a comprehensive consultation, factoring in your biomechanics, any pain you are experiencing, along with your current footwear, lifestyle and occupation.
Orthoses can be used in the treatment and prevention of a number of conditions - including musculoskeletal problems, corns, calluses and ulcers - by redistributing the pressure of the body's weight throughout the lower limb. Orthoses help to rehabilitate acute and chronic foot conditions (such as tendonitis, ankle sprains and stress fractures) by providing consistent postural control.
how are orthoses prescribed?
When prescribing orthoses, the podiatrists at The Hunter Foot Clinic provide a comprehensive service to ensure safe and effective foot care, including:
- A full clinical assessment of your foot problem prior to prescription.
- Prescription of orthoses tailored to individual needs.
- Provision of any additional treatment required.
- Advice regarding exercises, footwear and training methods where relevant.
- Complete control over prescribing, making and fitting your orthoses.
- Comprehensive follow up, including initial and ongoing treatment plans.
- Fine-tuning or correction of any problems experienced when wearing orthoses.